Secure your spot at the world's largest Redis gathering!
From humble beginnings to a primary multi-model database of the future, Redis has become the most versatile, highest performing, must-have database technology for all modern applications. Join us at RedisConf18, April 24-26, 2018 in San Francisco, to explore this remarkable journey.
RedisConf is the premier Redis user conference where Redis contributors and expert users meet to make big announcements, share use cases, get hands-on training and master key concepts.
More than 1,000 Redis users will be there to participate in 75+ sessions, technical training tracks, developer hangouts, and fun parties. Plus, throughout the conference there will be raffles with exciting prizes like an Apple Watch, a Red iPhone, gift cards and other cool giveaways!
What you'll learn
RedisConf18 is the conference you can’t afford to miss! Register now for a chance to:
- Learn about new features - Hear how developers are deploying new features such as Redis streams, modules and containers, to scale out their growing applications.
- Share best practices - Connect with Redis users from around the world to share tips and tricks, and master new skills.
- Collect user input - Take part in over 75 community talks that include detailed use cases from the people that are putting Redis to work for their businesses.
- Get hands-on training - Learn how to build robust, feature-rich applications using Redis, during a day of deep technical training for both new and experienced Redis developers.
Who should attend?
Redis users from around the world gather each year at RedisConf to learn all about the latest Redis innovations. Attendees include developers, engineers, architects, programmers, business professionals and more. Don’t miss out! Come connect with and learn from Redis creator Salvatore Sanfilippo and the other Redis contributors that helped build the fastest and most popular database on the planet.
Register now and get ready to take what you learn at RedisConf18 and apply it EVERYWHERE!
Creator of Redis
Co-Founder & CEO,
Former CEO, Sun Microsystems
Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation
Co-Founder & CTO,
CEO, Stack Overflow
Staff Software Engineer, Slack, Inc.
Sr Computer Scientist, Adobe Systems
Software Architect, eHarmony
Senior Software Engineer, Redfin
Platform Engineer, Lyft
VP Product Marketing, Redis Labs
Senior Software Engineer, Box, Inc.
Sr. Staff Software Engineer, ThermoFisher Scientific
Cluster Operations Engineer, Internet Archive
Senior Software Dev Engineer, Oath Inc
CTO, Heimdall Data
Kevin Hoffman, Lead Engineer, Capital One
Ajay Kemparaj, Sr Computer Scientist, Adobe Systems
Vijay Vangapandu, Software Architect, eHarmony
The Home Depot: Implementation Patterns to Leverage Redis to Turbo-Charge Existing (Legacy) Applications
Hari Ramamurthy, The Home Depot
Daniel Hochman, Lyft
Leena Joshi, Redis Labs
Ryan Luecke, Box, Inc.
Hardeep Sangha, ThermoFisher Scientific
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This track is for developers who are new or just starting out with Redis. Prior knowledge of Redis is not required.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This track is intended for developers familiar with Redis who have already built at least one application using Redis. We recommend this track to developers who have attended either a previous RedisConf training day or a RedisLabs RED Workshop event.
MAIN TOPICS COVERED:
- How to connect to a Redis database
- How to use basic Redis data structures (String, Sets, Hashes, etc.)
- Common Redis use cases
MAIN TOPICS COVERED:
- Advanced Redis data structures (HyperLoglog, Bitfields)
- The Redis Pub/Sub system
- Working with the new RediSearch and ReJSON modules
This track will consist of a mix of classroom lecture presentations and hands-on coding labs. Python and Java will be the primary language used to present sample code. Hands-on programming exercises will use Python.
This track will consist of classroom lecture presentations and hands-on coding labs. Python will be the language used for the coding labs.
There will be two lecture-style presentations and one hands-on programming exercise in the morning. Topics include:
- Overview of Redis and Redis Enterprise for developers new to Redis
- How Redis makes it easy to implement solutions for common application features like caching, first data ingestion, job queue management, and geospatial indexing of data
- Introduction to the Redis data model and all of the data structures currently supported by Redis
- Hands-on programming exercise: Attendees will work through a series of online notebooks demonstrating the API used with the String, List, Hash, Set and Sorted Set data structures
The morning session of this track will cover:
- Currently supported Redis data structures (String, List, Hash, Set, and Sorted Set)
- Deep dive into Bitfield, HyperLogLog, and the GeoSpatial index types
- Review of the Redis concurrency module and the transaction API
- In-depth exploration of the Redis PubSub system
- Hands-on coding lab: Attendees will work through exercises utilizing the APIs introduced earlier in the morning
This track will build on the morning data structures session to introduce attendees to important concepts. Topics in this session include:
- Transactions and concurrency control and introduction to the Redis transactions API
- Introduction to the Redis Modules system as part of the Redis 4.0 release, including the functionality and API of the ReJSON, RediSearch, Redis-ML, and Redis Graph modules
- Hands-on programming exercise: Attendees will use online notebooks to explore the transactions API and ReJSON module API
The afternoon session of this track will cover:
- An in-depth look at the API and functionality of the following three modules:
- RediSearch - with information on the RediSearch extension mechanism to build custom query expanders and document scoring functions
- Hands-on coding lab: Attendees will have free time to explore the API for any or all of the presented modules
BronzeBecome a Sponsor
RedisConf18 will be held at state-of-the-art Pier 27 on the famous Embarcadero waterfront in San Francisco. It boasts panoramic views of the entire San Francisco Bay, the spectacular Bay Bridge, the City skyline and Coit Tower.
San Francisco, CA
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco
5 Embarcadero Center
- Hotel Vitale
8 Mission St
- Park Central San Francisco
50 3rd St
- San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
1250 Columbus Ave
- Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf
2500 Mason St
- Hotel Zephyr
250 Beach St